Archive for eurohoh.org Middle Georgia VW/Audi Group
 


       eurohoh.org Forum Index -> H-o-H Technical
b0g

anyone do a 1.8t timing belt change?

I'm running at 53k miles and plan on doing my timing belt around 65-70..... any of you guys done it yet?  I'm looking for some help with it.  I really don't wanna mess things up.  Wife thinks I should bring it to the dealer.. but.... I don't want to Smilie_PDT
E30M3

Re: anyone do a 1.8t timing belt change?

b0g wrote:
I'm running at 53k miles and plan on doing my timing belt around 65-70..... any of you guys done it yet?  I'm looking for some help with it.  I really don't wanna mess things up.  Wife thinks I should bring it to the dealer.. but.... I don't want to Smilie_PDT


I want to learn to do it for my gf's TDI.  She is at 72k right now.  Probably try to do it in the next few months.  You have almost a year (depending on driving habits) to worry about this.
$HITTALKER

i have done a couple....but i'm not local to you.... PDT_Aliboronz_02
It's really not that hard.
b0g

Re: anyone do a 1.8t timing belt change?

E30M3 wrote:
b0g wrote:
I'm running at 53k miles and plan on doing my timing belt around 65-70..... any of you guys done it yet?  I'm looking for some help with it.  I really don't wanna mess things up.  Wife thinks I should bring it to the dealer.. but.... I don't want to Smilie_PDT


I want to learn to do it for my gf's TDI.  She is at 72k right now.  Probably try to do it in the next few months.  You have almost a year (depending on driving habits) to worry about this.


I think we need to make a meet at someoens place and do all the timing belts!!

p.s. my wife will bring beer. Smilie_PDT
Getta Life

$HITTALKER wrote:
i have done a couple....but i'm not local to you.... PDT_Aliboronz_02
It's really not that hard.


easy to say that once you've gotten yours done...  Smilie_PDT personally... I caught HELL, but then again, I swapped tensioners, the water pump, both belts, etc all at once.
$HITTALKER

Getta Life wrote:
$HITTALKER wrote:
i have done a couple....but i'm not local to you.... PDT_Aliboronz_02
It's really not that hard.


easy to say that once you've gotten yours done...  Smilie_PDT personally... I caught HELL, but then again, I swapped tensioners, the water pump, both belts, etc all at once.


I swapped to a manual tensioner, both belts, water pump, and thermostat.  It's also worse to do it on a APR sgt3 as the turbo/wastegate is right there, and makes it impossible to pull the mount out.  But, I did it in a parking lot, took the whole day by myself.  Then 3 days later,  i was on a track giving it hell!

the car

the brakes





fxgolf

cute car  PDT_Aliboronz_20
stuston

Driving Blind!

You really should take care of that haze on your headlight covers.  You know something bad has gotten in when the moldy-residue starts growing BLUE.
$HITTALKER

LOL i like a little danger

       eurohoh.org Forum Index -> H-o-H Technical
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum